Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What would be a good topic for a column in a college paper?

I'm applying for a position as a columnist for my college's paper. I think it would be fun and give me some experience as an english major. My question is, what would be a good topic to write about? I live a pretty simple life. I'm not really an "expert" at anything. So what should I consider? And also, what is the set-up of writing a column? How may words does it take? Advice please!



People graduating at this time of year, new students coming in fall, how liberal and miss guided some liberal institutions are. Politics of who is not telling the truth is always a good one.




You could write about new business opportunities for media and journalism on the internet. You can also focus the piece on the growth of users out of countries like India. For example, my company just launched www.SportPass.TV in India and we are looking for help/advice/articles on growing online media businesses in India. Everything we find seems to be very U.S. focused. I'd be happy to help you with a quote or two.




scandal column, teachers cars spotted on principles drive, that sort of stuff.





If that's too racy how about a chess column?




Fun things to do, or go to in your area in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment